Calgary Central Library
- The Calgary Public Library is one of the most frequently used library systems in North America; more than half of its residents are active cardholders.
- Completed in November 2018, on time and $10M under budget, Calgary’s New Central Library is a 240,000 sq. ft. facility that has earned considerable international recognition. Featuring flexible and interactive spaces for all ages, the library is home to 450,000 books and a host of programmatic activities.
- Colliers Project Leaders established an Integrated Project Team (IPT) approach to cultivate a collaborative environment ripe with innovation. community surveys, team social events, and continuous stakeholder engagement – the Calgary Central Library project is the result of a successful, innovative integrated team effort.
An Integrated Project Team (IPT) methodology was used for the delivery of the Calgary Public Library and the following are the summary of innovation:
- Cost and time: The project was delivered on time and CAD$10M under budget.
- Strategic alignment: all members of the project team were aligned with the priorities of Calgary Public Library, the City of Calgary, and the Calgary Municipal Library, who likewise shared organizational and performance priorities.
Project integration: the project team was well integrated with the community, local media, project stakeholders.